Wednesday 24 October 2012

Take Cover, It's Finally Happened

Nearing 30,000 tweets, it has finally happened.  I have started a blog.  A place where those of you with enough time on your hands can read even more of my mumbles, musings, and rants.  In even more than the 140 characters of information, thoughts, and opinions I blurt out multiple times per day.

The above paragraph may actually be slightly misleading.  It intimates that my starting of a blog is largely selfless, and mostly for the benefit of the few who do not find my frequent Twitter ramblings and occasional outbursts verbose enough. On the contrary, there's a small part of me that quite enjoys writing from time to time.  Except of course when I have a few hours to write a 2000-word essay that I was supposed to have taken a whole month to write.  Or when I have to write a detailed contract for work that nobody told me about until it needed to be submitted 30 minutes ago.  Times like those, well, understandably I tend to dislike it quite intensely.  But apart from times like that.  Other times, ones like this, I quite like it.  I'm not particularly good at it.  I can spell.  I can do grammar correctly for the most part.  I can usually get my point across in a relatively articulate, albeit meandering, fashion when needs be.  However, on the subject of how engaging, or how valuable or useful any of it will be, I wouldn't like to make any promises as I really wouldn't like to disappoint you.

How frequently I'll post, well your guess is as good as mine.  How often does a mad man call out to his imaginary friend without reply?  What I will write about could be any number of things.  My interests include art & crafts, sometimes politics although that may be better filed under opinions over things that irritate me rather than interests as in actual things I like.  I also, like most of the human race, quite like food, and have been known to cook something every once in a while.  I do the odd bit of running although I never win at it or anything like that so there'll be few tales to tell there.  And if you know anything at all about me you probably know by now that I have an avid interest in cats.  Finally, I'm studying a degree in Philosophy & Psychological Studies so every now and then I may even bore you with some Philosophical ramblings that may seem to me like a new way of looking at things but that I'll no doubt realise further on in my studies had already been covered in one of the many 17th Century texts I find myself wading through.

Anyway, I'm already going on a bit, so I shall end it here.  But hopefully you'll get the picture.  It's not really about any one thing in particular.  But it's just a place, similar to the place of numerous other tweeters who now blog, to put my thoughts when it seems appropriate for them to spill over from 140 characters.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment